Thursday 24 January 2013

Magazine Project - Magazine Spread




 Here are the book covers of twilight that I have taken images of and then gone into Photoshop and edited them with Photoshop changing the colours and brightness and contrast. I wanted to really enhance the colour such as the red and white.
 I then put the covers into Photoshop and drew out circles around them, I then created clipping masks, flattened the image and dragged and dropped into another image. I really liked the idea of not using squares like the book cover but taking small circle of the books.

As you can see the original image had people in it, to make this image more effective for me i removed them people inside by using the alone stamp tool (+alt) along with smudge in Photoshop to remove the people. 



I then took my own image to recreate the scene of forks. In the book it is described as dark and gloomy so I wanted to de saturate the the colour but not completely taking it out. This really gave it a mystical vibe. 

This is my final design of a two page spread. I really like my final outcome as it has the themes of twilight using the same text and continuing with the same colours as a theme.

1 comment:

  1. Some good work this afternoon! A couple of things to mention though:

    1. There doesn't appear to be a main title for the article. The title in the top right corner indicates the additional books in the series but you should include a main title that refers to the original book.

    2. It would be worth using the 'clone stamp' (not alone stamp!) to remove the date on the photo of the road. The lake photo worked particularly well!

    ReplyDelete