Sunday 3 February 2013

Magazine Project - Evaluation








 For this project we had to create a magazine. Before doing this we had to research other magazine and look at how the worked with layouts, materials,colours,text,images. By looking at other artist and magazine this have us our own ideas to use to create our own. 
 When i found out i could do a spread on books I automatically thought about doing a spread on my favour book twilight. I then wanted to make the theme was in your face even right down to the text and colours. I drew out a couple of practice designs in my sketchbook to see what worked best but when I came up with my favourite one is when I developed this into Photoshop and became a spread in my magazine. 
I think that Henrick Bonnvier inspired my work with the use of bold colours. I wanted a magazine that was eye catching and wanted to make you interested into reading and looking inside. Other inspirations came from the theme I choose. e.g. twilight book/look, converses. 
 I am really happy with my illustrations spread and magazine as I feel that they look like real magazines spread. I think they are clear and easy to read, the layout is perfect unlike my photography spread with one of the pages has gone to the other one. I think that if I put more time in, that the whole magazine could be improved and at a better standard. 
 I think that I could have improved my outcome that having a set theme throughout the whole magazine, I feel that it a bit jumbled and none of the pages really relate. I also think that with more research I could of made the front/back pages more realistic to other magazines. 
 During this project I enjoyed learning new techniques on Photoshop and developing my skills in that area further. In my opinion I preferred the Typography project more and there was more handmade practical work but overall this was a ok project and another learning journey with an interesting final outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment