Sunday 11 November 2012

Bleaching & Heat Transfer Method

Bleaching

Heat Transfer
Today we tested two method of small sample of t-shirt fabric. The first one was bleaching;

To get the bleached effect you first have to create a stencil, you print whatever design you want on t-shirt and print it onto card. When you have done that you then cut out your design. You then prepare you bleach. Make sure you tape down you're design onto your t-shirt so it doesn't move and you're painting you're bleach on. You then start dabbing you're bleach on as you don't want to just paint it on and the bleach make leak through and you want. Once you have gone over you're design a couple times to make sure the design is covered you leave to dry.
My bleaching effect didn't work very well and the bleach didn't take very well to the t-shirt. Maybe because I needed stronger bleach. I really enjoyed this using this effect but if I was to use this technique I would get the strongest type of bleach I could get to try ensure the bleach would come through.

The second technique was heat transfer;
First you turn on the heat transfer as it need around ten minutes to heat up.Whilst this is heating you need to get your design onto heat transfer paper. We had the teacher helping us with this. Once this is done you peel your design off the paper, place it onto the now heated heater onto of your t-shirt, heat proof paper again over this, you then shut down the heat transfer for 20 seconds and then lift and you're design is now you're t-shirt.
I liked this design as I got a better result then I did with the bleach. One thing I would fault with this technique is printing your design onto the heat transfer paper you can loose essential detail and doesn't print as good as you may see it on the computer. If we use this technique for my final outcome I would spend more time printing my design on a better printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment