Friday 23 November 2012

Indepth Analysis - Georgia Luck, Natsko Seki & Matthew Midgley

example of Natsko Seki

example of Natsko Seki

example of Matthew Midgley


example of Matthew Midgley
example of Georgia Luck

example of Georgia Luck
This week we looked at these three artsits which inspired us todo our own illustrations. Natsko Seki works with paper cutting,watercolours and fine liner to create here random fantasy and quite strange illustrations. So draws out her buildings with fine liner and cuts out her trees,animals and people. I like Seki's work as it has a particular elements of fun injected into it through the use of colour. I also like how it looks random but you can tell that there has been a thought out design therefore it doesn't look too busy and looks incomplete. I would like to use her style of work in the future.

Another artists we looked at was Matthew Medgley. He uses fineliner and watercolour. I like the object he draw images of - ordinary everyday things.  He designs seem simple but well compositioned. i like his use of line and colours.

Lastly, we looked at Georgina Luck illustrations. She a freelance illustrator who lives in Brighton.She studied at Bristol school of Arts graduated 2006.Some of her clinets include; Marks and Spencer, TESCO, Gatwick Airport and Saatchi & Saatchi. I think her works theme relates to advertisement of products through the bright colours.

I like the way she draws the object exactly how she sees them. There are not been exaggerated in any way.She takes detail in her lines and combines them with mark making. as result making the objects lookShe look flowing. It looks as though she uses fine liner, watercolour and ink. She combines these materials with her techniques of sketchy lines to create and cartoon effect.

I think all these artist relate to eachother through the use of lines. i think that they have a similar technique of illistrating their technique. Natsko Seki is different from the other two as she uses paper cutting.

Overall, Georgina Luck was my favourite illustrator to look at as I liked her images. I like the way the ink splatters bled away from the object to make it look quite abstract. I will take these techniques with me to practice lines drawings in the future with still life drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment