Tuesday 20 November 2012

Final Outcome and Evaluation

My Final Outcome T-Shirt Design. 





For this project, we had to learned a variety of techniques to then put together our own final t-shirt design and print this for our final outcome, we came up with the ideas by looking at artist like Si Scott, M&M Paris and Natsuki Otani. After looking at these we went on to develop our techniques into our own designs.I realised from the beginning that I preferred the handmade techniques rather than the digital ones as I could control the outcome. throughout my journey on the project I tried to improve my digital skills in order to complete the tasks. Eventually, I was starting to get my head around using the different tools and what there functions were. I like the clean finish the digital experiments were create and was beginning to prefer them more. I then began to think about what sort of final outcome I wanted. I wanted to combine both handmade and digital experiments together. 
I think that the watercolour experiment inspired me the most which influenced my final outcome. I like the blending of colours that I was able to do. Her design inspired me to create my own but create a slightly different outcome by changing the material from watercolour to spray paint. 
I decided to use a little quote that I recently came across over the internet. 'Don't cry because it ended. Smile because it happened'. I like this quote because I thought it had a positive meaning behind it and encourages us to be optimistic about endings. I tried to use quite bright colours of red,pink and white - I also thought these colours worked particularly well when blended. 
I think my design worked out well because I choose a bold text 'Impact' which show my text at it's best. I would hard and quick to cut out my stencil and went straight onto spray painting it. I wanted where the stencil had been to stay white to act as a frame around the text. I thought this particularly worked well. I am very happy with my final outcome because it's exactly how I imagined it to turn out to be. 
If I could of improved it I would have used different colour or done samples of different colours to see how they would turn and what worked best as I'm not sure that the colours that I used were the best colours. 
Overall, I liked this project as I got a chance to learn different experiment around typography which has been something i have been interested in since last year. It also a subject I would like to corporate in the Photography work. Now I have learnt these technique I could incorporate these technique in future work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment