Friday 1 March 2013

Exam Unit- Illustrations - Andy Warhol


Original collage scanned in
Original collage scanned in
Edited in Photoshop, enhancement of colours




Combination of the two images together, lowered the opacity  of one layer
Edited in photo shop and enhanced the colours and also used the posterize effect
These experiments were inspired by an artist called Andy Warhol. The experiment consists of taking an image of yourself and putting it into photo shop. When you have done this you need to take the saturation out of your image to make it black and white. You then turn the contrast up. After you have done this, you then need to go into Image > Adjustments > Threshold. When you have this effect you print onto tracing paper. On another piece of paper create a simple collage using different materials and colours such as different types of papers. Place your tracing paper over your collage and start to draw into your tracing paper.

I really enjoyed this experiment as I thought you could be very free with it and exciting to not know what the outcome was going to look like. I much rather prefer handmade experiments to digital anyway. I though with these experiments I could put them into Photoshop and see if I could enhance them even more which I did  and I'm very impressed with the outcome. This experiment has inspired me to use the same layering technique again and maybe incorporate this into my exam outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment