Thursday 4 October 2012

AS Graphics - In Depth Analysis - Oscar Wilson





Oscar Wilson is an artist specialized in image creation and hand craft typography. He was founded in 1996 opening a gallery in London. He an contemporary artist currently working now on London tourist campaign on London advertisement. His Clients include Nike, Puma, Visit London and Orange.The theme around his work was London, you can visit his website www.studiooscar.com. He specializing in typography, constructing to be visually attractive to make advertising work and entice people to come to London.

The artist looks like he uses Illustrator and Photoshop by using bold and warp effects and adjusting the font sizes and the layout. He uses a limited pallet, to make sure that there not too busy. Only using 3-4 colours maximum. The colours that he used were also quite relative to object that that he was creating. I think that this was put into place to reinforce what the object was and not making the idea too complicated. I would associate this type of work with advertisement, as we know that the artist does and worked for major clients. The composition is shape in the objects, the use of text and playing around with the scales to fit,into the objects making it very clear what they are.

When I first looked at this work I really liked it because I like the uniqueness of it. I had never seen somebody else do it. I was also interested in how it was created and how he thought of doing this way. I like by using to basic colour it doesn't make this too complicated and sometimes less is more.It evoked my visual senses as I wanted to read what the letters said and what they meant to the work. I really liked looking at Oscar Wilson's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment