Sunday 21 October 2012

Si Scott - Typography using Illustrator

examples of Si Scott's work

examples of Si Scott's work 
My Own Work

This work was inspired by an artist called Si Scott  who using Illustrator to create text. he specifically uses the warp and twirl tool to create this effect.  I really like Si Scott's work because he make the lettering look much more interesting to look at. When I look at his work it makes me think of advertising for magazines, as this is the type of work I work expect to see.  I decided to create one of my own in illustrator. I then typed out my text and then used to warp and twirl tool to make my text look more like Si Scott's I really liked using this effect as I think it work really well for a t-shirt design. It also is very expressive and can come up with some very interesting design. I am interested in using this for my final design and if doing this in the future I would spend time really concentrating, maybe making the text smaller and having much of a complex design with the lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment