Monday 22 October 2012

Review And Refine Experiments.

 During the project we have experimented with a variety of materials such as acrylic paints, water colour, colouring pencils, different types of food, objects and paper. By using these materials we praticed techniques like water colour based typography, calligrams, manipulating text of photoshop and illustrator, paper cutting out text. 
I looked at many artist work, imitated their work, my favourite were Hennie Haworth as I like her handmade technique. I have analysed Oscar Wilsons work.
 I wanted to make the saying I use relevant and linked to the material I use to create the type. I collected these saying from song lyrics and phrasing that I have learnt over a period of time.
 After I have posted onto the blog I always annotate how I created it and who inspired me. This helps me to confirm the procedure and the new knowledge that I have just learnt.
 I like all of the hand made typography techniques as it allowed be to be creative and in control with my final outcome, in the future I would concentrate more on digital technique, to improve them but to also allow myself to knowledge with the final outcome.
I found the digital typography techniques were difficult as you had to understand all the technique steps and you can easily get stuck. I need to keep practicing my techniques.
 I will be developing handmade cutting stencils to produce a printed t-shirt.
I could research extra artists to review their technique to inspire me to create my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment