Sunday 16 September 2012

AS Graphics - Hand Typography

new type 
I tried to experiment with different texts using pencils,
felt tips and coloured pencils inspired by Hennie Haworth piece of typography.

Again, here I experimented using masking tape and water colours.
I made the letters with the masking tape, painting over and when dried
I peeled off the masking tape. 

This experimentations was inspired by James Hancock
using ink, some of them I drew out the letters in water then dropped
the ink over as it gave me more control over where the ink went.
Prize Winning Pies
James Hancock typography piece



experiments made with acrylic paints 

for these images with painted onto our hands with acrylic paint
and positioned our hands in a way to create a letter. 



I tried to manipulate some of the techniques Haworth and Hancock used to create similar types of texts. I also tried to experiment and create some texts of my own. My work is similar to the artist as I tried to do popular text like 'Arial'. My work is also different from the artist as there's was done on computer which gives it a much cleaner finish. With handmade typography if you make a mistake, you have to work with where as using Photoshop like the artist have you can erase any mistake you have made. Working with ink was really easy and allowed me to be free with experimentation. Whereas, working with the masking tape, sticking it onto the paper, when finally taking it off, the paper was coming away with the masking tape which is not what I wanted to happened. In the future I would use thicker paper like card of not stick down the masking tape completely down.


No comments:

Post a Comment