Monday 17 September 2012

Typoography Unit - Indepth Analysis - Hennie Haworth

examples of artists work
another example of haworth's work

Hennie Haworth's is a freelance illustrator. She studied at the university of Brighton and now lives in London.She now works with clients such as; Sainsburys, Post Office, Waitrose, Vodafone, The Big Issue, Penguin, Nickeldeon and many more. Here we are looking at her different types of typography work.

The artists use of colour is very bright and varied, Her types are put in posters that look like doodles or little random thoughts that might come into mind. I think this make is quite really and give it a light mood staying away from the dull dark colours. I think that the text maybe a combination of handmade and digitally created which again gives it this like sketchy look, something you might up in your sketchbook as a random page, I think the composition is quite random and text is just out everywhere, but I like the way the effect is given. I think the colours and the placement work well together in order to  keep the quirky design going.

The work I would associate with contempory art, being that it is free flowing and random.Her subjects do change, but the pieces I have chosen her typography has been about food. I think there isn't much a story running through it and I couldn't find the titles, but for the first one I think it is trying to say a happy message through and trying to encourage people to feel much better about themselves.

I think this evoked a lot of my senses and I was quite excited by this small illustrations and the different text she created. The bright text kept me visually engaged. If definitely reminds me of a page you may have in your sketchbook where you have wrote and drawn random things at different times and eventually they come together. It also reminds me of an informally mindmap of words? I really like this work as I feel that it is original and quite fresh and interesting. I really enjoyed making my own interpretations of these also.

No comments:

Post a Comment