Sunday 23 September 2012

M & M Paris - Typography.

examples of M&M Paris work 
Effect done by hand

Effect done by Photoshop

This work has been inspired by an artist  M&M Paris.The artist uses images to create the out lines of words, after looking at the artist work we were inspired to do our own handmade and digitally. 

For the hand effect, I have cut out letters of black card and then placed an image of myself that I had earlier taken on Photobooth and put into black and white.
 For the digital experiment, i took the same photograph, changed it to black and white and adjusted the brightness and contrast settings. After I had done this I went and used the threshold effect in photoshop to give it this extreme black on white. I then opened a new layer, type the letter I wanted out very large, I then merged the two layers together, and hid the bottom one, exposing only the image in the letter shape. To make the image look more in the style of M&M Paris, I got my brush and made some dripping effect.
This time I preferred using Photoshop rather than handmade because I got a much more professional finish, and more the same style of M&M Paris, the handmade didn't look quite so well in my opinion and in the future I would  use the digital technique again.

No comments:

Post a Comment